IT Support Level 2/ Mobile Technician
*Must have full driver’s license*
3 month contract initially - expected to continue longer term
Responsibilities may include, but are not restricted to:
- This team will primarily provide remote support. There may be a requirement to travel to site on occasion where remote fix is not possible.
- Prioritise, manage and responding to helpdesk calls in a timely manner logged on the help desk system; including travel to sites to support users
- Establish and build on good working relationship with customers
- Troubleshoot and if required, referral of hardware faults to third parties
- Where appropriate, assign warranties on hardware to third parties
- System administration using Active Directory
- Troubleshoot issues with Windows accounts/mailboxes
- Troubleshoot system problems, diagnose and solve software faults e.g. Citrix
- Install and configure computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems and applications
- System Administration – amend privileges / security permissions on server shares, setup of new shared folders on existing shares
- Manage pst requests and data requests for staff moves
- Liaise with third party vendors for software\hardware installation
- Deal with ‘how to’ and information requests including data security and ICT policies
- Liaison with local and national ICT teams, e.g. Server and Network management to find root cause for recurring issues.
- Document new solutions
- Install individual software requests
- Managed Print devices – liaise with vendors including IP information
- Access consoles to push or provide solutions for requests e.g. Content encryption
- Follow and adhere to SD processes, procedures and follow escalation process and other matters as appropriate
- Coordinate office activities to secure efficiency and compliance to procedures and processes
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues as requested
- 5 years’ experience in an IT environment preferably in Windows 10 installations. Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to empathise with users and help them adapt to their new technologies. User experience is key for this project
- Must demonstrate experience of having an excellent working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and report writing.
- Demonstrate evidence of production of quality deliverables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to organise work with an organized manner
- Self-starter with a willingness to take responsibility
- The ability to interact with key stakeholders in a professional manner
- Third Level Education Qualification is preferable.
Troubleshooting, Active Directory, IT Support, Desktop Support, System Administration
PFH TECHNOLOGY GROUP Founded in 1985, PFH is Ireland’s leading, indigenous Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Solutions Provider, supplying ICT based business solutions to our wide range of clients. We have unrivalled vendor relationships. We can procure, design, deploy and support all you ICT needs via our specialist competency centres and ISO 20000/27001 24*7 certified support services. Our client base, of over 1,500 organisations, is served from our offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway. We employ over 450 people.