My client is a multinational financial services organisation championing both digital banking and financial services. They are seeking an Innovation Leader to join an established team in City Centre Dublin to drive innovation through the business.
You will be responsible for engaging third party Fintech partners as both suppliers and partners, presenting quarterly to the directors of the company internationally as well as organising large-scale events to promote innovation in the organisation.
You will be working in a recently established department responsible for developing an agile, responsive strategic change management capability in the company.
Its remit covers the end to end planning and delivery of business change, business architecture and innovation.
What you’ll do
They are currently undertaking a significant programme of strategic change and has ambitious plans to build on the strong reputation my client has developed as a leader in providing innovative financial services on a modern digital platform.
Working within the Enterprise Change and Innovation department, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in connecting strategic business and technology priorities with innovative solutions garnered from deep connections across the Innovation Ecosystem.
Working with colleagues and partners at both a local and a group level, the candidate will act as a thought leader, change agent and delivery-led designer of breakthrough innovations while also playing a significant in cementing and amplifying the company brand across the landscape that they operate within.
The primary accountabilities of the role are the following:
• Establish collaborative relationships internally, with key Group influencers and externally in the innovation partner ecosystem to build our client as the go-to brand and partner for innovation
• Filter external trends and partnership opportunities that meet our client’s strategy, and bring those through concept development and evaluation for delivery prioritisation
• As a thought leader, inspire and challenge senior business sponsors on project prioritisation and strategic alignment in line with the trends and strategy
• Contributes significantly to new business lines and proposition extensions, placing customer-centricity at the heart of our client’s proposition development
• Enable cost efficiency, time to vale and productivity as a result of new ways of working and fostering intrapreneurship through innovation management practices
• Raising digital and innovation cultural awareness across the organisation, and work with business sponsors and delivery teams to ensure our clients leverage the latest ways of working to maximise the impact of digital technology
• Ensure solutions developed across the organisation are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits)
• Coordinate with and leverage our client's Innovation supports
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
• Technical primary degree or equivalent
• Extensive proven experience in leading business design, innovation and ecosystem management, digital product development and agile ways of working. This should include 3+ years’ experience at enterprise scale, directly leading a startup or managing an Innovation Centre/Incubator/Accelerator
• Prior experience in a large scale retail customer-facing industry (Telco/Agri/FMCG) or customer focused role is preferable – financial service experience is not essential, but unlocking the potential of financial services in the digital marketplace is critical
• Significant demonstrated capability as a thought leader in the field, including speaking, presenting or writing on the subject of digital business and innovation or in terms of participation in communities or networks related to the domain
• Thorough understanding and passion for the latest trends and technologies e.g. Robotics / AI / APIs / Cloud to support the internal innovation agenda and encourage and source external partnerships
• Proven ability to deliver significant business value through innovation management in a timely, efficient and effective manner
Essential Skills & Abilities:
• Thought Leader: recognised as an authority in the field of digital design and transformation with the ability to develop and distil fundamental ideas into messages that generate action and enthusiasm in teams
• Networking and Awareness building: Understands the importance of a strong ecosystem of like-minded resource and brings a ready-made network of contacts and connections both in Fin Tech and the wider digital industries
• Design and Architecture: possess the necessary blend of business and technology architecture, design skills and knowledge to enable concept delivery at scale
• Results Orientated: Deep understanding that innovation is ultimately about business results and can demonstrate the ability to deliver excellent results that impact business targets (CX, revenues, costs, customer)
• Strategic Execution: ability to think strategically, and follow through on ideas
• Excellent leadership and communication skills: ability to lead and communicate at all levels, including the ability to influence senior stakeholders (C-level) across geographies
• Flexible Approach to Work: a flexible approach
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00353 1 2449520)