Self-Service Analyst (L1)
The resource / team is responsible for logging, reviewing and actioning ticket requests submitted. These requests may be routed as forms attached to tickets or through Self Service and can relate to different requirements and queries.
In order to ensure tickets are actioned accordingly, this resource will review the information provided and ensure details are adequate in order for the technical resources to complete actions.
The role will also involve reviewing uptake of Self Service and engaging with personnel to educate users on benefits of availing of this service.
1. Review ticket details provided and logged as requests for new or access changes
2. Carry out checks using lookup resources and tools
3. Contact the requestor for additional information
4. Contact user management for omitted, additional or to clarify information
5. Determine potential issues and advise accordingly
6. Utilise different communication options to obtain the right information
7. Liaise with peers, technical team and management.
1. Monitor and carry out workload tasks using the systems
2. Add / update:
a. Ticket call notes
b. End user records e.g. add email address, location and contact details
c. Status on ticket
3. Record information not initially provided
4. Utilise system functionality, templates etc. in line with procedures and best practice
5. Escalate potential issues and action escalations and priority tickets
6. Prioritise ticket checks as part of escalations or complaints
7. Action ticket stages within satisfactory timeframe and follow up accordingly
8. Work within the team and independently to ensure service provision is maintained and improved.
- Ensure all tickets are recorded in a correct and detailed manner in-line with standards
- Ensure tools and resources are maintained and updated in line with formats and standards
- Work in line with work practices and service improvement strategies
- Update Master files and records
- Collaborate and co-operate with peers and management to ensure successful outcome.
- Escalate issues and poor adherence with impacts quality formats and delays.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Co-ordinate office activities to secure efficiency and compliance to procedures and processes
· Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
· Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
· Assist colleagues as requested
· Adhere to and follow ICT policies in regard to data / device access and management
· Follow best practice in regard to formal procedures and processes
The above Role Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working in an office or IT Support environment
- Must demonstrate experience of having an excellent working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and report writing.
- Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to organise work with an organized manner
- Self-starter with a willingness to take responsibility
- The ability to interact with key stakeholders in a professional manner