Senior Linux System Administrator (work from home)
My Client is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, customer-facing and capable technical expert to join their Technical Professional Services team based in the UK, Ireland, mainland Europe or South Africa. You will report to the Director of Professional Services who is based in Dallas and add capacity and working hours coverage to the current US-based team – though as part of that team your work will be anything but geographically ringfenced, and you’ll interact with some of the world’s biggest brand names in finance, insurance, healthcare in the USA, Australia and India as well as the UK, Ireland, mainland Europe and South Africa.
The core of your responsibilities will be to work closely with the client’s infosec, IT teams during installations and rollouts, helping and advising them on the installation and administration of the software – but you’ll also be essential in providing technical support and expertise to support our Presales team during sales engagements and RFPs.
Apply for the Linux System Administrator role above or contact Colleen Quigley for more information.
• Minimum of 5 years as a Linux Systems Administrator
• Windows desktop knowledge
• Advising client’s IT staff on appropriate file handle limits and IOPS needs
• Excellent networking skills and knowledge
• Helping clients to troubleshoot connectivity issues between laptops, desktops and virtual desktop infrastructure (especially Citrix) and their server environment
• Comfortable working with Linux package managers and windows installers, with syslogs and windows Event Viewer, with SQL as a query language and with administering MySQL databases, TCP/IP and HTTP, SSL and the bgfdhasics of public key encryption.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367381)