Junior Automation / SDET
My Client possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of Software Quality Testing. They are currently seeking an SDET to drive quality and non-functional testing across the technology organisation.
Responsibilities of the Junior Automation / SDET Role:
• Is a member of the non-functional test team performing and assisting with automation/load & performance testing.
• Developing back-end (API, Service) and front end (Web UI) automation using automated tools.
• Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into the current Development process and earlier in the SDLC
• Contribute to automated test suites based on acceptance criteria, maintain tests; track outcomes, and monitor for inconsistent results.
• On-going automation of manual tests and subsequent integration into automated regression test suites.
• Provides support for the production readiness evaluation process which includes developing automated Post Deployment Testing.
• Participates in the post implementation reviews. Makes improvement suggestions and implements lessons learned.
Required Skills and Experience for the Junior Automation / SDET Role:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline OR typically 1 to 2 years’ experience in QC or Development role
• Good understanding of QC processes and the Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC)
• Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures.
• Knowledge of SQL Databases
• Knowledge of Event and HTTP Architectures
• Experience working with REST API
• Knowledge of API/UI performance testing tools; load runner cloud, jmeter, gatling, locust, any other related tool.
• Understanding of the inverse pyramid of automation (Unit, Integration/Mid-Level and Acceptance Tests)
• Must be able to work directly with the scrum teams to determine the health of a feature and clearly communicate the health to others.
• Good oral and written communications, an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
Desired Skills for the Junior Automation / SDET Role:
• Formal training in SQA methods e.g. ISTQB training
• Is proficient in the use of some of the supported Automation Tool suites
• Agile and DevOps experience including CI/CD
#Windows O/S #Browser compatibility #GIT #Azure #Oracle # SQL #UNIX/LINUX #C# #API #RestIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)