Our Client is an expanding technology company based in Limerick City, we are working with them to source an experienced IT Engineer to provide remote and onsite support to their expanding Client base.
The company embodies friendly and energetic approach to all elements of the organisation and they
The position would ideally suit person with 5 years’ experience in an IT Support/Technician role, with ambition to expand their knowledge and experience, through exposure to new technologies.
Responsibilities of the IT Technician:
- To provide initial helpdesk support for users, ensuring all calls are logged on AutoTask PSA and resolved in a timely manner, using remote assistance, telephone support and / or a site visit, where applicable.
- To investigate, diagnose (root cause) and resolve IT related issues while working with then end user, other staff and third-party vendors, where appropriate.
- Taking ownership for the resolution of issues, monitoring progress and applying the escalation procedure, when necessary.
- To ensure consistent delivery of high-quality services to clients.
- Assist with agreed plans to install or upgrade items of hardware and / or software on customer sites (Infrastructure installs and upgrades).
Key Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years IT Administrator (or equivalent) experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Cyber Security and Framework; Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
- Microsoft experience with excellent knowledge of Windows 7, 10, Server 2008R2, 2012(+R2) 2016 and 2019.
- Excellent knowledge using and troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy & Print Management.
- Excellent Knowledge with VPN technologies, client VPN setup and configuration along with IPSEC tunnels to multiple sites.
- Knowledge of routing on networks as a whole.
- Previous experience and good working knowledge of Remote Desktop Server (Terminal Services), Remote Desktop Gateway and associated services.
- Proficient in Office 365 and SharePoint Online (SPO) along with OneDrive, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams.
- Excellent understanding of Ethernet networking and TCP/IP stack.
- Experience with firewalls such as SonicWALL, WatchGuard and Cisco is a must.
- Fluent English, both written and verbal.
- Experience and familiarity with virtualisation technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V & KVM.
To be considered for this position applicants must be eligible to work and reside in Ireland (holder of an EC Passport or a Current Stamp 4 Visa) and Must have a full clean Irish driving license.
If you would like to apply for this position; please forward your CV to Matthew Duane Rice