PHP Developer - Work with a Learning Management System (LMS) team with a local Ed-Tech company
Your new company
Work with an E-learning company on a team creating the content and technology solutions that engage and empower modern learners around the world. As a company they have grown rapidly in recent years due to investments they have made in their product portfolio.
The role requires working with other members of the technical team to ensure code is written to a high standard and developing new features for key platforms while ensuring they remain robust and reliable. They will keep up to date with the latest trends in the field of software development and will ensure their technical knowledge and skills are kept up to date accordingly.
As a company they operate from 6 different sites but the majority of the development team are based in Derry and Belfast (Northern Ireland), Glasgow (Scotland) and Oxford, England. Ultimately, we are flexible on location with a preference for candidates within a commutable distance of a Learning Pool UK Office
Your new role
* Working with stakeholders to develop viable solutions to complex requirements.
* Contributing to the planning, scoping and technical design of bespoke software projects.
* Working with other members of the software development team to ensure the successful and timely delivery of software projects.
* Using unit-testing and other testing approaches to ensure the software is robust and reliable.
* Reviewing code submissions from the team.
* Following continuous integration and deployment process
What you'll need to succeed
* 3+ years professional experience in Software Development
* RESTful web services, distributed application design, design patterns, eg MVC
* A high degree of self motivation and results orientation, with a focus on quality.
* The ability to work collaboratively within a team across various levels of experience and geographical locations
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate well outside of the technical team
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, competitive salary and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.