Our client is currently hiring for a DevOps and Security Engineer (DevSecOps) to support their perimeter security devices and to help manage and maintain the day to day security and system change lifecycle of our critical security devices and tools. This includes Firewalls, VPN infrastructure, DNS and the advanced security features associated with next generation firewalls.
The ideal candidate will have a background in IP networking and a strong interest/experience in scripting and automation and experience with DNS management.
As a DevSecOps Engineer your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Reporting to the Regional Security Network Operations Manager to maintain the configuration/ availability and system lifecycle of all key perimeter/internal security devices in the region.
- Respond to incident escalation requirements from security tools and support SOC functions in region
- Develop automation solutions for day to day maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
- The following are some of the duties required but are not definitive:
- Firewall configuration, administration, and monitoring
- Firewall base line security
- Proactive fault management and vendor engagement
- DNS management
- Perimeter Hygiene
- Work collaboratively on projects across the EMEA and North American Security Operations teams
Your Skills and Experience
As a DevSecOps Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
- 3+ years professional experience in a DevSecOps role or an IP Networking / DNS management in an enterprise environment, with exposure to scripting, automation and DNS management. Experience with administration of cloud-based services would be advantageous.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Vendor specific certifications in networking or cloud-based services would be an advantage
- Knowledge managing DNS systems
- Good team player, and excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter who can run with minimal supervision and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Good understanding of IP Networking, scripting for automation, DNS management systems
- Good written skills and able to clearly document processes
- Experience in two or more of more of the following areas:
- IP Networking, DNS, Scripting/Automation, Firewall management, Routing/Switching
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.