Azure Cloud Engineer
6 Month contract initially
Role is based in Dublin City Centre
A large Irish Semi-State company headquartered in Central Dublin is looking for an experienced Azure Engineer to join their IT Operations team on a 6-month contract. The Azure Engineer will play a key role in migrating the company's existing server infrastructure to the Cloud.
This is with a dynamic working environment, generous renumeration rates and an easily accessible location in Dublin City Centre, these roles are great Opportunity for ambitious engineers looking to develop their cloud experience on a large-scale, government backed project.
Please note that 3+ Years' experience with MS Azure is an ABSOLUTE MUST for this role
The current server environment consists of 900 (mostly Windows) Servers, spread across two Dublin data centres. 80% of these Servers are VMware VMs, and over the coming months our aim is to begin migrating VMs to the Azure cloud. We are also looking to adopt a cloud-first approach for new services as soon as the cloud environment is established.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with the IT Operations team, the successful candidate's knowledge and experience will facilitate the timely completion of multiple tasks:
* Project work relating to configuring Azure resources, AAD and other Azure services
* Provide insights that will assist in the formulation of a robust cloud strategy, including options for high-availability, DR, backups, and cost-efficient practices
* Help to identify the Servers and applications that are prime candidates for migration to the cloud
* Plan and complete migrations as required, ensuring that downtime is kept to a minimum
* Troubleshoot and resolve migration and cloud-related issues (eg permissions, connectivity and performance)
* Assist as required with other day-to-day Operations tasks (such as backups, patching and upgrades) and troubleshooting of the on-premise Windows infrastructure
Essential Candidate Requirements
* Third Level qualification in Computer Science, IT or relevant equivalent
* Minimum of 3 years' experience working with a medium/large scale Azure cloud environment, including Office 365 and Azure Active Directory
* Relevant technical certifications, eg Microsoft Server, Azure, VMware are preferable but significant experience with these technologies will also be considered
* Minimum of 3 years' experience working within a Windows Server-based infrastructure, with a thorough knowledge of server O/S administration, Active Directory, DNS, monitoring etc.
* Hands-on experience with VMware virtualisation technology
* Good PowerShell Scripting experience
* Solid understanding of Networking, Firewall and SAN technologies
* Excellent communication and customer service skills, strong Teamwork capabilities and commitment to customer focused service delivery
IMPORTANT - All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU - Candidates that require any kind of Visa sponsorship or work will not be considered at present