Our Limerick based Client is currently looking for an inspirational Agile Project Manager to work with a team of Software Engineers. They require someone capable of providing guidance and support to a team of software engineers actively working to an agile methodology, delivering business critical projects to Clients across a number of industry sectors.
This company has a very positive team-based culture and the ideal person for this position should have strong communication skills and an ability to maintain a positive culture within a team.
Responsibilities of the Agile Project Manager
* Lead, inspire and motivate a small team of software engineers in the creation of high quality software to agreed project deadlines.
* Mentor and coach all team members in Agile (Scrum/Kanban) values, practices and rules.
* Use a servant leadership style to support the team: respond to issues and remove impediments.
* Drive continuous improvement practices within your team, e.g. reviews and retrospectives.
* Shield the team and educate all stakeholders about the team way of working (WoW).
* Work closely and listen to team members' feedback to identify issues and resolve conflicts.
* Train and mentor new team members around agile processes and developing an agile mindset.
* Work collaboratively with the Product Owner (PO), Business Analyst (BA) and Technical Team Lead (TTL) to ensure a well-groomed backlog of requirements is available for the development team.
* Facilitate scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and team-based release planning.
* Working with a team of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) and BA staff, assess the performance of the team and establish a pace of development that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
* Play a key role in facilitating realistic estimates of delivery effort to assist with team planning.
* Occasional travel to customer sites as required by each project.
* B.Sc/B.Eng or greater in a computing, engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years in a software engineering environment.
* A minimum of 3 years proven experience in agile project management, leading a software development team that was applying agile principles, practices, and theory.
* Proven experience developing an agile mindset in yourself and others.
* In-depth knowledge of agile estimation and planning techniques.
* Proven experience in recognising issues, risks and dependencies in all phases of an agile project and applying appropriate mitigation strategies.
To be considered for this position applicants must be eligible to work and reside in Ireland (holder of an EC Passport or a Current Stamp 4 Visa)