Big Data / Cloud Architect
Join a cutting edge newly established Galway Data Engineering and Data Science Lab of this Internationally renowned company
You will lead a fast-paced, multi-talented team tackling some of the most technical & analytical challenges in the data-driven world of sports and sports betting.
You will be:
* Work as the technical architect / technical lead across 3 sub-teams of software engineers, data engineers, and data scientists.
* Work on laying the foundations of a modern data infrastructure combining transactional data from multiple sources and creating a single source of truth.
* Use the latest tools and technologies on Google Cloud Platform.
* Design efficient data pipelines to share data across systems.
* Speed and latency are critical factors in sports, you will continuously strive to refine the definition of "real-time".
* Design & deliver the data & analytics backbone which will empower real-time player experiences.
What we like to see
* 5+ years' experience in a software development or data engineering role
* Experience leading a software or data team working with large-scale complex datasets
* Experience with Google Cloud Platform cloud architecture and serverless implementations
* Knowledge of ETL and data warehousing principles
* Expert knowledge of SQL
* Accustomed to agile Scrum or Kanban and modern CI/CD development practices
* Interest and track-record in mentoring team members, advocating for best-practice and instilling team collaboration.
The nice to have!BigQuery, Airflow, Google StackDriver, high-volume transactional data