Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let's talk today.
What you will do
Our belief is that great companies are powered by great people and led by inspired leaders; individuals who are authentic, who embrace new ideas, share a mutual respect for each other and do what?s right for their communities. Every day, we focus on our common goal of improving lives around the world. And we do this by working together and applying deep technical expertise to help our customers solve pressing challenges, with a collective passion to make an impact.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader, serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next-generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders, through a strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Imagine a career that perpetually stretches your capabilities. From managing many of the world?s most iconic buildings to making products that help save lives, the breadth of our opportunities empowers you to chart your own path. We are a truly global company that embraces diversity, rewards hard work and inspires people to reach for more. In an environment that is constantly evolving, we will set the foundation for you to grow and chart a career path that is as unique as you are. As part of our team, you?ll have the opportunity to make an impact that people can feel. The world is waiting for you and so are we. We are looking for cloud specialists to take ownership to deliver all cloud related solutions. Job description:
We are looking for cloud specialists to take ownership to deliver all cloud related solutions.
As a Cloud Principal Software Engineer your typical day will include:
* Drive all technical and automated solution design for both existing architectures and new, green-field solutions in cloud platform.
* Develop operational processes as well as build and evolve application platforms with the objective of moving application frameworks toward cloud-based application to offer an advantage over existing application.
* Lead and guide application development team through the design and execution of new application development as well as previously developed code.
* Adhere to secure development processes, perform code reviews to proactively find potential security vulnerabilities, design reviews and coding guidelines. How you will do it
* Assist with project scope, planning, build and maintain software application.
* Drive strategic discussion, keeping all stakeholders productively engaged.
* Ability to translate Customer Requirements into Technical Solutions; work closely with Product Management to ensure product meets customer expectations.
* Contribute to the hands-on aspects for implementation, coding and development.
* Break complex features into user stories and tasks and provide estimates.
* Develop new features based on user stories.
* Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
* Mentoring/coaching junior team members.
* Innovate, learn and leverage new technologies. Required profile:
What we look for
* Cloud experience required in designing, developing and managing cloud solution on Google, AWS and/or Azure.
* Experience with Docker and container orchestration frameworks - Kubernetes.
* End to end understanding of software development methodologies and tools including several of the following: .net, c#, Angular2/JS, React.js, Node or equivalent framework. C++ is a plus.
* Experience in designing, developing and supporting critical, high performance applications.
* Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
* Demonstrable track record of commercial software design and development.
* Domain Knowledge in Electronic Security such as Video Surveillance and Access Control is a plus.
* BSc Hons Degree Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or combination of education (HND, HNC) and work related experience...... click apply for full job details