LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leading provider of innovative solutions for significant risk data analytics challenges. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. Our innovative solutions enable organisations to manage risks like identity theft, fraud, money laundering and terrorism and prevent ﬁnancial crimes and scams. By bringing clarity to information, we ultimately help make communities safer, insurance rates more accurate, commerce more transparent, business decisions easier and processes more efﬁcient.
LexisNexis is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers.
Software Engineer - (PHP/Java)
Please note: We are unable to offer sponorship.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Are you a PHP Developer used to working in a dynamic, fast paced and ever evolving environment and looking grow your Java skills? We work in the insurance and telematics area, helping our customers determine risk using large volumes of data as well as using our geospatial knowledge to enrich the data.
We are hiring a PHP developer who would like to increase their Java skills. Initially the role will be mainly focused on our backend PHP systems, but over time we expect this to transition into Java.
We are looking for a passionate individual that can quickly grasp and learn new technologies and techniques. We offer an agile development methodology, working in sprints to deliver functionality to the product. Candidates will work with an array of popular technologies and frameworks along with collaborating with team members versed in complementary technologies
* The opportunity to work on a full range of challenging and interesting technologies and help to conquer some of the next generation of problems in risk data analytics
* Get to make a real difference to our customers and society
* Join a growing, diverse and sociable team of talented Engineers who enjoy regular team building days, "Pizza Fridays" and dedicated time for innovation
* Help us to continually evolve and modernise our Technology stack
* The opportunity to learn a multitude of technologies, including but not limited to: PHP, ECL (HPCC), Docker, Cucumber and Ruby
* Excellent knowledge of PHP programming, in particular Object Oriented PHP and excellent back end experience.
* Some proven Java programming experience
* Strong track-record of development projects using LAMP stack
* MySQL experience
* Experience of BDD and the use of automated testing
* Experience with PHPUnit/Cucumber/BeHat
* Familiarity of PHP Composer, Packagist or experience building systems for AWS hosting environments would be advantageous
* AWS API
* Good understanding of GIT and Jenkins
* Experienced in Agile methodology, sprints, stand-ups etc
We're a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age