As the successful candidate, you will join a new R&D operation as they grow out their capabilities in Galway city. You will have every opportunity to grow and develop with the operation as it will continue to grow out the team over the next few years. You can expect to be involved in the day to day coding about 60%of your time with the other 40% spent managing, developing, and mentoring your team.
DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES
* Provide hands-on technical leadership in the development team.
* Drive the implementation of development activities.
* Work collaboratively with other stakeholders to understand high-level requirements and develop software architecture and design.
* Manage your team in the execution of development plans.
* Create and promote best practice in the development and oversee code reviews.
* Champion innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
* Mentor and develop your team.
WHAT WE LOVE TO SEE
* Solid software engineering background, with experience developing enterprise-scale web/cloud-based commercial software products.
* Evidence of leading complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
* Strong experience with both back-end and front-end technologies
* STACK: - Java, React, Node.js, HTML, CSS, REST, GraphQL, SQL, Spring
* Experience with AWS is a plus.
* Experience integrating with external systems would be great.
Opportunities like this in Galway are rare so if you are interested please apply now for fast consideration. You'll join a great team with management that have great experience in growing out greenfield software R&D sites. Salary and benefits are very competitive