SAP Business Project Manager - SAP Implementation
This position will cover the duration of the SAP implementation project for our client a Major Biologics Manufacturing Organisation based in Dundalk, Ireland site. The incumbent will report to the Supply Chain Director for the site. As part of the Project Management Office including the project IT lead and SAP consultants, this role will lead the business implementation of the manufacturing site SAP ERP system, ensuring it is completed to service, quality, time and budgetary expectations.
* Work closely and partner with all levels and support multidisciplinary team to ensure work commitment, practices and targets are achieved in line with the business targets and objectives.
* The role will require extensive liaison with counterparts and business leaders in clients corporate organisation structure to include the highest level of professional representation of the local site.
* Lead SAP project and deployment execution for the business, accountable for managing all aspects of the project life cycle to facilitate successful delivery. Provide strong, clear project leadership, work direction and feedback.
* Develop and oversee detailed project plans in conjunction with the IT Project lead. Establish and maintain detailed project plans and metrics, work plans, schedules, resource plans and status reports.
* Identity project risks and develop risk avoidance/mitigation plans.
* Demonstrating a high level of collaboration, partner with a broad range of stakeholders to assimilate SAP into the business.
* Build support and positively promote the project to ensure effective support, engagement and adoption across the business for the SAP system.
* Motivate the work of others outside of direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met. Monitor tasks to ensure they are performed on time, within intended scope and to a satisfactory level of quality. Support the development of SAP subject matter experts within the business.
* Ensure successful cutover at SAP 'go live', leaving the business with a stable and sustainable system supported by a strong knowledge transfer.
* Regulary convey and report project status to steering committee, global business partners and all other key stakeholders in a timely, comprehensive manner. Present formal presentations and executive summaries to site Senior Leadership to provide recommendations and status updates.
* Flexibility to take on additional tasks and responsibilities within the scope of the SAP project.
* Significant SAP ERP implementation capability in highly regulated manufacturing environment.
* Well honed project management skills.
* Over 5 years experience of project management, preferably leading successful delivery of significant ERP implmentations.
* Extensive experience of all core modules of ERP, including item master data, materials management, production planning, quality and finance; driving functional and cross function business process improvements.
* Experience relating to highly regulated manufacturing in the Bio/pharmaceutical or medtech industries highly advantageous.
* Excellent written and oral presentation skill, detail-oriented organizational skill, clear understanding of process control strategy and data management are also required for this position.
* Demontrated ability in critical analysis and thinking to propose and deliver innovative and win-win solutions to conflicts between business process and system design.
* Proven track record of leading a high performing team with strong cross functional relationships and indirect reporting lines.
* Understanding of system validation and related quality requirements in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
* Significant expertise and knowledge in SAP ERP systems.
* Project Management Tools/Techniques.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably Project Management or IT coupled with significant experience