Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let's talk today. Job description:
What you will do
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit or follow on Twitter.
Our world-leading access control, video and intrusion brands - American Dynamics, CEM Systems, DSC, Kantech, Software House and Sur-Gard - have more combined years of experience in the security industry than any other group in the world. Our security integration platforms, built by our developers from across all product disciplines allow our customers to see more, do more, and save more.
As a Senior Software Engineer, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
* Design, develop, test and maintain software.
* Develop technical documentation in-line with industry best practices.
* Interface with other functions with the business to ensure the timely delivery of high quality products.
* Adhere to development processes including code reviews, design reviews and coding guidelines.
* Act as an enthusiastic and motivated member of the product development team, with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and customers alike.
* Maintain knowledge of new technologies in the field of security systems software development, devOps and cloud development.
How you will do it
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Although no job description can adequately detail the full scope of duties necessary, the requirements listed above are a representation of the levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform these activities.
The job will be based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and may involve a degree of travel...... click apply for full job details