Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master
My Client is an advanced, award-winning IT Services and Software Development company that helps clients achieve their greatest potential using the power of technology. They are currently seeking a Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master to join their team. The main purpose of this role is to guide and support an agile team of software engineers working to an agile methodology, delivering business critical projects for the customers whilst maintaining good team morale.
Responsibilities of the Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master Role:
• Drive and support the adoption of new agile process tools and techniques within your team.
• Train and mentor new team members around agile processes and developing an agile mindset.
• Work collaboratively with the Product Owner, Business Analyst and Technical Team Lead to ensure a well-groomed backlog of requirements is available for the development team.
• Support and educate customer PO’s, especially around the grooming and maintenance of Product Backlogs.
• Responsible for accurate reporting of financial performance of sprints and overall projects
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and team-based release planning.
• Working with a team of Developers, Quality Assurance and BA staff, assess the performance of the team and establish a pace of development that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
• Work with the team to define sprint targets and then work closely with the team to ensure delivery of sprint targets and team commitments.
• Play a key role in facilitating realistic estimates of delivery effort to assist with team planning.
• Work with other agile project managers to maintain a consistent set of agile delivery processes and drive adoption of same within your team.
• Ability to clearly communicate in all forms including email, phone, documents and in person.
Required Skills and Experience for the Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master Role:
• A minimum of 3 years proven experience in agile project management, leading a software development team that was applying agile principles, practices, and theory.
• Sc/B.Eng or greater in a computing, engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years in a software engineering environment.
• Proven experience developing an agile mindset in yourself and others.
• In-depth knowledge of agile estimation and planning techniques.
• Proven experience in recognising issues, risks, and dependencies in all phases of an agile project and applying appropriate mitigation strategies.
• Experience in working with external customers (Product Owners), strong stakeholder management and communication skills are vital.
• Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and generate confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Willingness to travel, if required.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)