My Client possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of Software Quality Testing. They are currently seeking for a highly proficient Systems Engineer to help define and drive their load and performance test efforts and keep the platform running smoothly. The Systems Engineer will take direction from the Systems Engineering Manager and other senior team members for day-to-day task assignments.
Benefits - Bonus, Pension, Healthcare, Remote
Responsibilities of the System Engineer Role:
• Troubleshoot systems to include hardware, software, and applications utilizing standard Microsoft and open source toolsets.
• Install, configure, maintain, and administer Windows Server 2008-2019 in a large production environment both locally and remotely.
• Prepare written and visual/schematic documentation as required to satisfy documentation standards.
• Execute ongoing procedures for upgrades to servers, applications, and networks, inclusive of patching and configuration changes necessary for server hardening.
• Administer cloud infrastructure through cloud consoles
• Deploy custom in-house developed software in test and production environments manually or via programmatic means/tools
• Analyse and provide constructive feedback on performance, resilience and availability of applications and systems
• Consistently and successfully provide 2nd and 3rd level support
• Provide on call support after standard business hours and be available for weekend software deployments into the production environment.
Required Skills and Experience for the System Engineer Role:
• 1-3 years cloud infrastructure and/or service(s) administration experience (AWS, MS Azure)
• 4-year degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the IT field supporting Windows systems.
• Existing experience with system and network administration, configuration, best security practices, and configuration standards as they apply to IT security.
• Solid understanding of enterprise authentication systems Microsoft and/or others
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
• MCTS/MCITP/MCSA in Windows Server
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)