My client is an innovative Software Product company setting up an Irish Centre for Development in Limerick, they are seeking a Senior C++ Developer to join their team.
This role can also be a full-time work from home role for the right candidates or based in the Limerick office if you are seeking an office-based position.
They offer excellent career progression Salary/benefits package
You will be responsible for designing and developing customer-facing Point of Service (POS) devices, applications and services that are installed across enterprise client sites.
Development responsibilities will include the User Interface, business logic, integration with peripheral end-user devices and back-end enterprise-level software that is hosted in multiple cloud environments. Specifically, you are responsible for:
• Working with the Development Manager to understand and implement functionality for new solutions.
• Analyzing problems and implement solutions that trade-off architectural constraints of functionality, usability, performance, reliability, and scalability.
• Design, develop and own the quality of the POS applications. • Interpret and implement designs that incorporate 3rd party peripheral device APIs and Protocols.
• Support the life-cycle of the application during quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post-release. •
Comply with and contribute to consistent development guidelines (coding, change control, build, versioning. •
Required Skills: • 5+ years of design and development of embedded applications using C++
• Graphical User Interface Development leveraging the Qt toolkit.
• Experience designing and developing integrated solutions with 3rd party peripheral devices.
• Ability to Interpret and implement APIs and device-level protocols and comms (Serial, USB, Network.
• In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and principles. • Experience with one or more source control platforms such as Git, Bitbucket, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Subversion, Perforce, or other SCC application.
• Experience with one or more defect tracking applications. • Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and planning skills.
• Ability to understand technical requirements and decompose them into work tasks. • Fluency in written and spoken English are required. Preferred Skills:
• POS Application design and development experience.
• OPOS implementation experience.
• Windows Embedded 7, 8.1, 10.
• Experienced with continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts. •
Experience with JIRA, Git, Xray Test Management.
• Experienced with service-oriented architecture including REST. •
Solid understanding of test-driven development.
• • Mobile development experience for iOS, Android, or Surface a plus.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00353 1 2449520)