Are you an experienced Automation Project Engineer looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer - Automation to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland on a 2 year fixed term contract.
As the Project Engineer - Automation, you will be responsible for the specification, design, development, installation, testing and administration of control systems to the highest industrial and pharmaceutical standard. The focus of the work will be to ensure that automation systems operate efficiently and safely, and in compliance with cGXP regulation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Project Engineer - Automation will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will provide technical support for new and existing automation systems on site and apply knowledge of automation systems to manage the specification, design, and implementation of building automation and process control solutions in accordance with GAMP 5 and other recognised industry best practices.
2. Manage the upgrade/patching/modification of existing systems, providing technical input to the assessment of impact from the proposed change, and initiating and following the relevant change management process. You will also be responsible for the commissioning of automation systems, and manage the resolution of deficiencies through to completion.
3. As the project engineer, you will liaise with group IS /IT to ensure interfaces between automation systems and IS / IT systems are clearly understood, setup and managed appropriately. You will also supervise and co-ordinate outside specialist contractors.
4. Additionally, you will assist in the development of the company's Engineering Services automation standards and good engineering practices.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Project Engineer - Automation we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will need to have a minimum HND in an Engineering discipline, ideally a Qualification in an IT/IS related subject.
2. Proven industry experience in delivering engineering projects in the pharmaceutical industry and experience of providing support, maintenance, or system administration for existing automation systems as well as experience of specification, design, installation, commissioning automation systems (PLC, SCADA, DCS etc) is essential for this position.
3. Experience of specification, design, installation commissioning of Building Management Systems such as Eurotherm Wonderware, Satchwell, Schneider, or Cylon and experience on Emerson DeltaV- DCS configuration to include new installations and modifications on existing plant would be highly advantageous for this role.
Key Words: Project Engineer | Project Management | Engineering | Automation | Electrical | Electronics | Life Science | Pharmaceutical | Commissioning | Installation | Systems | DCS | PLC | DeltaV | Controls
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves...... click apply for full job details