Contract Android Developer (Firmware/OS & Application)
Our client provides solutions for the collection and automatic validation of Blood Pressure data in global multi - site clinical trials.
They are currently looking for an Android Developer for a 6-month contract.
* Design and build custom Android firmware or make modifications to existing one.
* Develop Android platform software for future wearable and portable medical devices.
* Design and build advanced Android applications for future medical devices.
* Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
* Working on and customizing bootloader, Android Open Source Project, drivers and HALs for a device.
* Designing, developing and testing kernel sub-systems and device drivers.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
* Experience with Android application development and Android SDK.
* Experience of porting Android system to new custom devices.
* Experience using Git or similar version control system.
* Strong Knowledge of Android Frameworks and Native Applications.
* Experience in kernel development for Android devices.
* Experience in Android OS bring-up on a new device.
* Experience with Android ROM/firmware or app development, understanding of Android "root", "flash", and "recovery process.
* Understanding of Dalvik, ART, Kernel, and ROM functions.
* Experience in Kotlin, Java, C/C++, or related language.
* Highly skilled at developing and debugging Java, Android Frameworks.
* Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, databases, and network.
* Strong mobile privacy and security understanding.
* A commitment to quality programming and best practices.
* Ability to identify and manage risk.
* Ability to document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
* Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
* Min 3 years in similar role
* Working experience in regulated industry (medical, healthcare, aviation etc.).
Nice to Have(s):
* Experience with Android UI design and implementation.
* Experience in customizing new Android devices.
* Demonstrated technical leadership.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 919688FK
Role: Android Developer (Firmware/OS & Application)
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months