The Contracts Manager is responsible for managing the contract life cycle, which includes changes and modifications and the enforcement of performance clauses, including incentives and remedies. The Contracts Manager acts as the key contact and subject matter expert for all contract-related and tender activities.
This includes assisting with negotiating contract terms, conditions, modifications, incentives and remedies, while working with key stakeholders to ensure that their requirements are met.
Additionally, this position manages the contract execution process, resolving problems, mitigating delays, assisting with audits, mediating disputes and escalating issues.
Establish contract management objectives, procedures, templates and workflow processes for vendor contracts and deliverable schedules. Maintain a contract library that contains all executed contracts. Moreover, track obligations, deliverables and contract change notes. Manage and control access to documents as appropriate.
Work with all project teams in supporting functions including Security, Business Operations etc to ensure that Vendors are performing in accordance with existing requirements and regulatory obligations.
Develop a knowledge base of negotiating strategies, best practices, and negotiation personnel and teams. Make improvements to processes, procedures, workflow and organizational structures for contract management.
Administer commercial and financial arrangements with vendors to include billing, invoicing, performance incentives and remedies.
Work with vendors and key stakeholders to apply and refine contract change control processes.
Vendor Relationship Management
Develop strong relationships with project stakeholders and HBS Procurement.
Establish & document the governance to be applied, particularly during the contract renegotiation process. This will identify and clarify rights of authority for decision making.
Handle internal contract-related complaints or disagreements from the business or other internal stakeholders.
Vendor Contract and Market Insight
Understand relevant market trends, suppliers and contracting arrangements in the market.
Effectively communicate a clear and concise contract overview to key stakeholders, and provide clarity on contract elements when required.
Be responsible for ensuring that pricing is aligned with original contracts.
Manage contract review meetings to ensure delivery against objectives and contract budgets. Develop regular reports on contract milestones, execution and risk, and inform internal customers, vendors and management of activities and progress through regular written and verbal communication.
Potential candidates are IT procurement, contract administrators and IT asset managers, procurement or purchasing managers and agents, and inventory managers and agents.
· Minimum of five years' experience with negotiating and managing contract life cycles, with an emphasis on technology.
· Experience in managing large complex contracts in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software and communication
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Knowledge of IT concepts and systems
· An ability to determine contractual and financial exposure and negotiate contracts, and ability to participate in the development of the asset management mission, goals and objectives
· Knowledge of contracting trends, licensing models, and traditional and emerging contract and vendor performance models
· Deep market knowledge of the category of IT vendor for which the contract manager is responsible
· Strong project and process management skills, with the ability to handle multiple vendors and multiple contracts, as well as a wide range of tasks
· Ability to understand contract risks and to work with other parts of the organization in crafting tactics and strategies for risk mitigation
· Knowledge of best practices for IT contract negotiation tactics and strategies
· Ability to structure bids, evaluate bids against a broad set of evaluation criteria and provide recommendations for vendor selection
· Strong ability to communicate with IT users, legal and procurement staff, and business leaders to craft contracts that align complex needs with contractual requirements to achieve business outcomes
· Customer-focused approach to delivering contract management services to internal customers
· Strong relationship and interpersonal skills to be applied in working with vendors across the entire contract life cycle
· Ability to distinguish what is required versus what is "nice to have," and ability to manage conflicting stakeholder needs and wants
· Protect the company’s interests, comply with applicable regulations and mitigate risks, assembling the appropriate set of clauses and schedules
· Leverage interpersonal relationship strengths to manage disputes and drive a successful conclusion to the renegotiation
· Adopt an analytical approach to problem solving, with a focus on managing tasks with appropriate urgency in a results-oriented team environment
· Make decisions efficiently that add value and are achieved in what can be tight time frames
· Communicate with clarity to internal and external stakeholders and with vendors