Desktop Support Engineer
The Desktop Support Engineer must be highly responsive and able to prioritize requests and tasks appropriately. In this role, you will use considerable independent judgment and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations.
* Desktop support for local and remote end users (Windows 10, Office365).
* Administer Microsoft Windows server environments, including: system installation, configuration, account management, backups, event logs review and virus protection administration
* Maintain VMWare infrastructure
* Maintain and administer network infrastructure of switches, routers and firewalls.
* Monitor server uptime, performance, network capacity and security issues
* Support VOIP phone systems and mobile devices/phones
* The ideal candidate will require a minimum of 5 years' experience in System / Network Administration, in a Windows Active Directory environment.
* Superior organizational skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients is a must.
* Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to deal with constantly changing requirements and priorities in a very autonomous environment is important in this role.
The ideal candidate will have recent work experience in the following areas:
* Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server
* Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO
* Windows Services Support including remote desktop services, clustering services and DFS
* VMWare ESXi 6.0
* Antivirus Endpoint products
* Enterprise Backups
For further information on this position role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on (phone number removed) /
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - https(url removed)
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval