How You'll Support Our Mission
You will develop automation solutions for deploying the infrastructure and services required to run our applications in Azure. You'll be a teacher, an engineer and a promoter for modern DevOps and Infrastructure-As-Code practices.
Our backend services authored in .NET, Java and Scala and our frontend applications are typically developed using AngularJS and TypeScript. We use Azure's cloud platform for SQL and NoSQL databases, elastic storage, asynchronous messaging and streaming analytics. Bamboo, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy are the primary tools used for CI/CD.
Reporting to the Director, Site Reliability Engineering you will be part of our Engineering team based in our amazing Belfast city centre office.
What You'll Be Doing - the day to day
* Piloting our project to move towards Infrastructure-As-Code
* Working with our development and quality teams to implement and advise on the use of technologies, tools and processes
* Being the expert and Go-To person for DevOps across the organisation
* Having flexibility and ownership of DevOps technology and processes
* Please note this list is not exhaustive
Who You Are - some of the essential things required to be successful in the role;
* 2+ years' as a DevOps Engineer with experience of;
* CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo or Octopus etc.
* infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation or Chef or Puppet or Ansible
* scripting languages such as Bash or Python or Powershell
* .NET applications and SQL databases
* a cloud platform such as Azure or AWS or GCP
Who You Are - it's desirable if you have experience of any or all of the following;
* of automated testing tools
* of Docker and Kubernetes orchestration
* with Site Reliability Engineering
* of monitoring and alerting tools such as New Relic or DataDog or PRTG
* working with Linux environments
Benefits & Perks
You will have fantastic benefits at ESO including but not limited to; life insurance, enhanced short and long term sick pay, income protection insurance, a generous pension contribution, private medical insurance including optical and dental, a health cash plan, an annual health and wellness allowance, enhanced paternity leave and pay, enhanced adoptive pay, enhanced maternity pay and more!
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today's EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We're small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our six US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference?
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religious or similar philosophical belief; race; national origin; political opinion; sexual orientation; disability; marital or civil partnership status or other non-merit factor...... click apply for full job details