Senior Data Engineer – contract position
itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a leader in the digital data analytics sector, in the hiring of Data Engineers to work on their growing data analytics platforms and client base.
You will have significant experience in Data Engineering, and will have worked in a capacity managing terabytes of data from multiple online/digital sources and ‘wrangling’ large quantities of complicated and imperfect data into required formats. You will work on data engineering challenges around architecting, building and managing pipeline that securely process hundreds of terabytes of data. You will need to have experience working on scalable systems, large scale engineering environments and working to Agile methodology.
Key Responsibilities and Experience:
- Deep understanding and experience (at least 3-5 years) of large-scale Data Engineering, managing terabytes of data from multiple complicated sources and wrangling this data into usable formats
- Able to identify and address code and data quality issues
- Participate in Agile processes, including stand-ups and grooming sessions
- Lead and participate in code and architecture reviews
- You will have strong experience in the likes of Apache Spark, Scala and AWS Redshift, as well as likes of AWS Glue and EMR and Delta, Airflow and Databricks tools
- Highly proficient programming expertise in at least one of Scala, Java, Python, Ruby and/or C, C++
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in multiple aspects of Database Administration and Engineering, including ETL, Data Warehousing, Data Lakes etc, and working with terabytes of structured and unstructured data and RDBMS and non-RDBMS technologies
- Good knowledge of Testing lifecycle with ability to write unit, functional and integration tests
- Ideally you will have a qualification in Computer Science or Data Engineering or equivalent. Additional expertise on statistical packages such as R, SPSS and Matlab would be a benefit
This is a full time remote contract working with a highly interesting and progressive Dublin and London based company with key major clientele in the US and Europe. The initial contract duration is up to 6 months.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Tom Leonard ( +353 1 2187721 or tom dot leonard at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.