Site Reliability Engineer Required for New Payment Technology Organisation
Your new company
Hays IT are proud to be representing one of the most exciting companies setting up in Belfast right now. They are fast becoming one of the biggest global players in Payment technology.
This new company are building the next generation of capabilities that powers their merchant-first ecosystem. They believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that they are a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and they're looking for like-minded individuals to join them on their journey
Your new role
If you're looking for a unique opportunity to establish a Site Reliability function with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering objectives .this might be for you
This individual will play a critical role in the design and development of tooling, monitoring, control, self-service reporting, and analysis approach.
What you'll need to succeed
* 5+ years in a Technical Call Center, NOC, System or Support Engineering position.
* Demonstrated experience with monitoring development/deployment - ideally for mission-critical, 24x7 environments.
* Appreciation of monitoring fundamentals associated with SNMP, WMI, Synthetic Transaction Engines and experience with various commercial, open source and homegrown monitoring packages and methods (eg, Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, OneSite, Gomez, CA, HP Openview, etc.).
* Thourough understanding of languages such as Powershell, Perl, or Python.
* Solid understanding of networking, including network devices, subnets, and routing protocols; ability to take and interpret packet captures (Ethereal, etc.).
* Solid understanding of systems, including server hardware, Windows and Linux operating systems, iSCSI/FC SAN/NAS/DAS storage, Hypervisor/Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V).
* Proficiency in AD/DNS/DHCP.
What you'll get in return
If you are interested in taking up a senior strategic role in one of NI's most exciting tech companies, this could be your opportunity. Your new employer has aggressive growth plans for the coming months and you could play an integral part in realising their vision. This role is FULLY REMOTE. They will set up your home office with top of the range kit. If you prefer to work in the office, you can choose to work in their office space in Derry/Londonderry. Salary up to £60,000 but this can be flexible on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.