itContracting are currently seeking applicants on behalf of our client for a Senior .Net Developer. This is a permanent position based onsite with our client in Dundalk, Louth.
Our client operates high volume, real-time applications and mission critical websites. The successful candidate will provide full software lifecycle expertise to various internal teams responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting these applications, primarily in C# .Net frameworks.
The Senior .Net Developer is expected to take responsibility for our client’s software requirements, through capture and analysis, design, development, test, user acceptance, installation and support for the core components of the company’s applications. The role will also cover some support and end user training responsibilities.
- Development and support of our client’s business critical applications using a variety of tools and frameworks
- Provide software estimates that accurately reflect the size and resource requirements of requested development projects
- Implement software designs, taking into consideration industry best practices and internal software development standards
- Provide documentation to an appropriate level for the intended audience, taking into account that the audience may vary from internal peers to senior board level colleagues
- Assist internal teams in enhancing procedures to further process improvement in line with industry best practises
- Lead and act as a role model for team members, providing technical guidance and the benefit of experience in assisting them to gain their objectives
- Provide second and third line product support where required
- Build relationships with all other areas of the business to assist the communication of concepts, ideas business and technical information
- Lead the team to provide flexible solutions that balance the technical and business needs of the company
- Provide end user training where necessary
- Assist the wider business to enable cross-functional development and support
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a .Net development environment
- Experience working with WCF (Windows Communication Foundation)
- Experience working with large data driven web applications using a variety of data storage and retrieval methods including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, XML, JSON
- Good exposure or working experience with C++ an advantage
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Experience working with external and remote teams an advantage
- Highly self-motivated with a passion for delivering high quality software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong organisational skills
- Available by company phone for technical escalation purposes in certain circumstances
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with stakeholders or off-site personnel/ management
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.