Aspira currently has an urgent requirement to deploy a team for a Client in Abu Dhabi. As part of this we have a requirement for an experienced Technical Writer. Due to the global situation at present, this will initially be a working from home project however you will be required to travel to the client site once circumstances allow.
The Technical Writer will write, rewrite and/or edit technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in technical writing or communication.
· Ability to speak and write clearly, so that both technical and non-technical audiences can understand
· Ability to describe complex processes clearly and concisely
· Analytical thinking, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills are essential
· Demonstrated eye for detail and consistency
· Familiarity with the agile software development process
· Familiarity with writing style manuals, ability to organize and format material in accordance with a standardized format
· Reviewing and editing material from technical writers and other content contributors
· Effective time-management skills. Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
· Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
· Research, analyse, and author documentation topics, have ownership of documentation for selected components
· Edit documents for convention and style to maintain proper look and feel in all documentation
· Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the documentation and review processes
· Test the software to confirm that it works the way it is documented to work
· Contribute to department internal documentation and procedures