Aspira currently has an urgent requirement to deploy a team for a Client in Abu Dhabi. As part of this we have a requirement for an experienced Scrum Master. Due to the global situation at present, This will initially be a working from home project however you will be required to travel to the client site once circumstances allow.
Scrum Master Job Responsibilities:
· Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
· Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
· Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
· Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
· Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
· Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
· Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
· Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
· Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
· Acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams assigned to mainly Business as Usual (BAU) work and to a lesser degree, important department initiatives and applicable portions of corporate projects and initiatives.
Scrum Master Qualifications / Skills:
· Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
· Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
· Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), and understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
· Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
· Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
· Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of product or project development experience, or 3 years of project development experience on an Agile Team or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
· Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel