Chief Information Officer
The Department of Justice and Equality is the Department of State with overall responsibility for public policy and administration in respect of justice, public safety, civil law, national security, and immigration issues. The Department employs over 2,700 people directly and has responsibility for the Justice sector, with overall 25,000 staff and a budget of just under €3 billion.
The Chief Information Officer will have leadership responsibility and accountability for digital transformation across the Justice Sector including the implementation and integration of a number of key government ICT and digital strategies.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant recent management experience at an appropriate senior level, including leading and managing technical/multidisciplinary teams driving significant ICT/digital enabled transformational change in a dynamic and complex environment;
- A successful track record of leading and delivering significant technology transformation;
- A proven record of delivering innovation using leading edge, large scale ICT solutions to challenging deadlines in a complex environment;
- Proven ICT leadership in delivering innovative and improved outcomes via online service delivery methods;
· Ability to persuade and influence at executive level including Government, key Sectoral Stakeholders and Department Management Board;
- Familiarity with, or have the capacity to acquire quickly a good working knowledge of the Department’s wide range of responsibilities, strategic objectives and business requirements at sectoral, national and EU level.
A qualification at Level 8 on the NFQ major award (i.e. Honours degree), or higher, in a computing, computational discipline or other discipline relevant to this role is desirable.
This is a Top Level Appointments Committee (TLAC) position.
If you feel you would benefit from a confidential discussion, please contact Michelle Noone on email@example.com
Closing Date: 3pm, Thursday 24th September 2020
For more information and how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/CJ_Ad_ChiefInfoO
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.