In the Position, You Will
* Work with product management, product analysts and development teams to identify and design new platform capabilities, ensuring that the implemented designs provides a robust, scalable, performant and commercially compelling platform.
* Investigate, select and incorporate industry leading technologies and patterns into the platform. In particular AWS technologies and services.
* Work with developers to assess the feasibility of proposed solutions and providing continuous support during implementation.
Required skills and experience:
* 8-10 years' experience of, and a proven aptitude for software analysis and design.
* Ability to design platform APIs and capabilities that work together to deliver a durable, supportable and cohesive platform for the product suite.
* A detailed understanding of the technical aspects of security (eg SAML, AWS Cognito) and application security concerns (persona / roles) and how these impact API design.
* Expert level knowledge of industry leading technologies and techniques relevant to enterprise web application development, including:
* Java and Java EE
* Integrations / Web Services
* Performance & Scalability
* Experience of cloud technologies and in particular experience working with AWS technologies is a distinct advantage.
* Be capable of working in a reviewer role with others, ensuring that the integrity of the platform is preserved and promoted, and that proposals are reviewed meticulously for technical and functional soundness.
* Excellent communication skills - to communicate and promote the design of the software to key stakeholders, and engage in open discussions on prospective new features.
* Strong knowledge of software design patterns including latest cloud, Java and web application development innovations.
* Experience with insurance software would be preferable but is not essential.
* Experience of working in an Agile development environment