The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn new technologies and a hunger to advance your skills - the company will offer training to ensure you are fully equipped to complete all tasks to a high standard.
This is a challenging but rewarding role. The successful Senior PHP Engineer will be designing and developing advanced features, as well as unit-testing code, improving application performance, collaborating with other teams to ship new features and continuously upskilling and implementing new technologies.
Strong communication skills are essential as this role will be client-facing at times. You also must have a strong desire to drive change and be comfortable and willing to be vocal with ideas.
* MySQL and Linux experience
* Experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony beneficial
* Bonus points for experience with NoSQL databases
* RESTful architectures and HTTP protocol experience
* Testing experience advantageous
* Cordova or Phonegap experience advantageous
* GIS mapping and scheduling solutions experience hugely beneficial
* Software Engineering Degree or similar essential
* AWS knowledge advantageous
* Keeping up to date with new technologies and trends in development
* Creative team player with the ability to work independently
I have worked with this company for over 5 years and can affirm they are one of the best companies for truly prioritising employee satisfaction. They understand the importance of work-life balance and they know that developers who are in a positive environment where they are constantly learning and working with modern technologies, will be happier and committed.
This is reflective in their extremely low turnover of staff.
If you would like to learn more, contact Sharon Riddell at Reperio. This is an exclusive role so you won't see or hear or see it being advertised elsewhere.
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.