588 Telecom Supervisor - Ireland Nationwide
Our client is a leading supplier of network build and maintenance services to major contractors in the utilities sector in the UK and Ireland. They are now looking for an experienced Telecom Supervisor to join their team and supervise and support the work of technical staff and on-site contractors to ensure the available resources are delivered efficiently.
Responsibilities will involve but are not limited to:
* Regularly monitoring and reporting on the performance of on-site contractors so that issues are identified, and immediate remedial action taken.
* Ensuring that all statutory testing, inspections, and servicing are carried out.
* Monitoring the condition and numbers of consumables/stores- ordering and collecting them as required.
* Monitoring the performance of the work performed by on-site contractors to ensure it meets company standards.
* Keeping accurate, up-to-date records.
* Entering the results of records.
* Maintaining documentation relating to job packs, routine safety checks and planned maintenance.
* Maintaining the daily production targets and updating, as necessary.
* Delivering a consistently high level of customer service.
* Supervising the work of the Technical staff and on-site contractors to ensure the available resources are delivered efficiently.
* Offering advice and support to the technical team.
* Developing and monitoring training requirements and record keeping.
* Assisting with the provision of a healthy and safe site and reporting to SHEQ Manager.
* Working and ensuring that staff and contractors work within the current relevant regulations.
* Monitoring and developing safety systems, risk assessments and permits
* Any other duties as may be reasonably expected of the Operations Manager.
* Supervisory and management experience with relevant training - copy certification will be requested.
* An aptitude to develop management systems to ensure efficient use of available resources
* Experience of working with IT and telecommunications systems with a willingness to develop personal technical skills and knowledge of building services and systems
* Strong communication skills
* An enthusiastic approach to developing and monitoring safety management systems
* The ability to prioritise work, delegate tasks, maintain records and develop systems
* Proven experience of supervising a team of technical staff and an aptitude to motivate others
* The ability to develop, monitor and effectively control a budget
* Able to work unsupervised and as part of a multi-skilled team
* Whilst the role is mainly Mon - Friday, some flexibility will be required as occasional weekend work / overtime may be necessary.
* Full, clean driving licence required.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND, FLUENT ENGLISH, AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE