About the Opportunity
As the successful candidate, you will join a well-established R&D team based in Galway as they expand their team. Your ultimate goal will be to advance not only the functionality of their platform but also to solve the operational challenges around keeping the solutions reliable as they evolve in the cloud. The R&D team in Galway is fairly unique in that the complete product, from conception to delivery, is managed and run from this site so you will have ample opportunity to work on challenging problems and see them through to completion.
Ideally, you've built exciting PaaS and/or SaaS products in your previous roles and you are a DevOps enthusiast. You enjoy solving complex software engineering problems, writing clean efficient code and you are most comfortable working in Java
Let's Talk Tech;
* The team adhere to agile principles
* Micro-services architecture and reactive architecture principles.
* Java is the language, in real-time distributed computing environments.
* Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes in production.
* Applications deployed to heterogeneous environments: cloud, on-prem (private cloud), and end-user (developer, car).
KEYWORDS (would like to see some of these on your CV and you'll be taught the rest)
* Kafka (bonus points if you have experience here)
* Asynchronous HttpClient libraries
* Comfortable with Linux
* Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git
You will join an organisation where you can grow and learn and they provide an excellent salary and benefits package to reflect your skills and contribution. They have an efficient and fast recruitment process that will also allow you to understand if this role is that you are looking for. If you are successful there is an excellent process for on-boarding that is delivered fully remotely in the current environment