We have an excellent opportunity for a Solutions Engineer to join one of the world’s leading providers in their industry. Our client is responsible for providing software development for many different large-scale business applications. They have been setting the standards over the last 40 years creating innovative and customer centric software solutions using cutting edge technology.
Solutions Engineer are responsible for the building and/or configuration of software solutions within their business portfolio with little to no oversight and exhibit a mastery of the application and technical skillset subject matter expertise for their area of responsibility. The Solutions Engineer role may mentor Software Engineers and Associate Software Engineers. This is a solution engineering role providing Solutions support to the Ireland Innovation team . This will include solution support and setup for business areas engaging in proof of concept and pilot projects that support the escalated digital transformation of our business model.
To Apply for the Solutions Engineer position, send your CV via the link or contact Stephen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the estimation, design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area. Able to complete complex feature development tasks.
• Responsible for communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of features
• Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools. Leads sizing and estimation activities within the agile team.
• Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress
• Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration techniques, where practical
• Demonstrates an interest in software architectures and seeks to design solutions in alignment with Company stated architecture and standards
• Leads proof of concept work and prototyping when necessary
• Collaborates with Business Analysts to confirm understanding of business requirements relating to features to be delivered and to help the Business Analyst define requirements that can be delivered from a technical perspective
• Collaborates with the agile team to establish the definition of done for each of the stages of production within the team
• Collaborate with Test Engineers and Senior Test Engineers to ensure that software meets the definition of done; ensuring successful transition of work to the next stage of production during the sprints
• Ensures an innovation culture in the team by continuous improvement of deliveries and participates in evaluating new processes and technologies that can be applied to future feature delivery
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
• 4+ years experience with demonstrated success in software development or equivalent experience
• Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
• Self motivated and results oriented
• Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
• Able to solve complex technical problems and drive system optimizations
• Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
• Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
• Irish Citizen/EU/Stamp4/Stamp1G visa required
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 015367390)