Senior DevOps Engineer
Permanent position based in Sligo
Our client is based in the beautiful Co. Sligo and this location is the European software development centre for this technology driven online retailer.
- Their dynamic and innovative team is growing and they are looking to add a highly motivated Senior DevOps Engineer.
- The team is revolutionising capital markets by enabling tokenization and trade of assets through next generation blockchain technology.
- They are leading the pack with cutting-edge technical expertise, track record of innovation and a focus on regulatory compliance.
- Their DevOps engineers ensure that internal and external services are reliable while keeping an ever-watchful eye on our systems, capacity, and performance.
- You’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of building and running large-scale, fault tolerant, and secure distributed microservice based systems.
What You Will Do
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design, developing supporting software tooling, capacity planning, security screening and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Extensive experience working with Kubernetes, Docker Containers, and Linux.
- Experience working on Cloud IaaS, PaaS or SaaS products. Cloud experience: Google, Azure or AWS for example
- 4+ years of solid day-to-day Agile / Scrum experience using Jira.
What We Hope You Have
- Nice to have: Google Cloud Associate Engineer certification.
- Experience with Google Cloud Spanner, Cloud Firestore, and/or PubSub in production.
- Experience with Cloudflare, Gitlab CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, New Relic, Twistlock, Terraform, and/or Ops Genie.
- You’ve read the DevOps Handbook, the Unicorn Project, and/or Google’s Site Reliability Engineering books.
- Experience with FinTech, security compliance, CIS, pen testing, container security/scanning.
- Extensive experience with cloud vpc networking, compute infrastructure, architecting, developing, and maintaining distributed microservice-based infrastructure.
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.