Microsoft SQL Server DBA
We are looking for a Microsoft SQL Server DBA who will get to work with and learn some of the latest cutting edge technologies, in an a growing business thats having a transforming impact within the global Validation Life Cycle Management.
Market leader in their sector.
Work with cutting edge tech.
Expanding massively over next two years.
Pension, Healthcare, Flexi-time, Gym subsidised.
This is a Microsoft SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. We are looking for a proven highly competent and highly motivated SQL Server DBA in this role.
• 5+ years of experience with Database Administration for Microsoft SQL Server
• Bachelors degree in computer science or other relevant discipline
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
• Microsoft SQL Server DBA with experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics performing as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA
• Good knowledge of T-SQL and scripting (including PowerShell)
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations in a virtualised environment
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
• Involvement with the MSSQL Server Community
• Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services is a plus
• Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a plus
Experience with the following would be beneficial:
• Windows OS configuration
• Amazon AWS
• Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
• Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC)
This is a great opportunity for a Microsoft SQL Server DBA so call John today on 01 2449516 and email the latest CV to john.egan(at)solasit.ieIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)