Engineering Manager – Data Analytics & Reporting
My client is a Global fintech company building out new software products from there base in Limerick. They are putting together dynamic SDLC agile teams to roll out these products across Europe and America.
They are revolutionising the world of online payment solutions. You will be working on a high-tech platform which hosts over 1,000,000 end users.
You will be working on enterprise level, cloud-based platforms. Projects are Greenfield so you will have the chance to impact, shape & drive the future of the organisation.
Benefits: Performance Related Bonus, Pension, Healthcare (incl family), Life Cover, Income Protection, Flexitime, Remote Working
As the Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing, mentoring, and growing a high-performing product development team in a highly collaborative, continuous learning environment. You will plan, direct and coordinate product delivery activities in an Agile environment Data Analytics and Reporting products. You will care equally about what and when the team are delivering, as well as how the team crafts quality products.
• Set clear development team goals around product and process
• Ensure the product development teams’ goals and deliveries are correctly aligned with Product Management and Product Owners’ business priorities and timings
• Monitor the status of development activities and produce data-driven metrics and reports around product development progress
• Grow high-performing teams that value how they deliver quality products via their software craft and provide guidance in this respect
• Foster a culture of high collaboration and continuous learning
• Bring thought management around product, process and team continuous improvement
• Ensure the team both follows and contributes to company-wide best practices in terms of delivery, security, architecture and other procedures as appropriate
• Advocate for the team by moving decisions forward and eliminating blockers
• Mentor, coach, perform 1:1’s and performance reviews with development team members
• Coordinate development team hiring across products
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related field or equivalent related work experience
• 3+ years Software Development/Engineering Management experience
• Management of Agile teams leveraging Scrum practices
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Creating teams that deliver via Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipelines in Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy
• Experience establishing Continuous Code Quality, Testing and Security Scanning
Domain and Technology Specific
• Demonstrated experience managing teams to deliver Azure cloud-based data analytical products
• Knowledge of differences between on-premise and cloud-based data solutions
• Understanding of relational database design and best practices, including Analysis Services Tabular/Dimensional models
• Experience leading teams that deliver data engineering solutions, Data Warehouse designs, and Business Intelligence initiatives on databases mainly SQL Server
• Data strategy including Data Governance (Security, Architecture, Operations, Deployment, Data Quality) and Data management (Reference and meta data)
• Experience leading the development of Products across multiple data sources and types (structured/unstructured)
• Experience with ETL/ELT patterns, preferably using SSIS, Azure Data Factory and/or Databricks jobs
• Understanding of Azure cloud services for streaming data processing
• Knowledge of Power BI or similar (QlikView, Tableau); Reporting tools such as Crystal Report, SSRS; Power BI
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367384)