Trainee Storage Engineer- Kerry
As a Storage Administrator you will be part of a global team based between London, Tralee and North America supporting storage provisioning, changes, projects and troubleshooting. The role requires some off-shift and weekend work for project implementation, ad-hoc troubleshooting, business recovery tests and participation in an on-call rotation, either from the work site or alternate location. Ability to travel to international locations.
Full Vendor training in Netapp including certification will be provided- you must be local to Kerry, have a full EU passport and have an interest in developping your career in this space.
Technologies you will get experience of:
* Storage array management experience (any from) VMAX, VPLEX, Vblock, VNX, Unity, Isilon, NetApp.
* Familiarity with SYMCLI command set
* An understanding of SAN switch zoning
* Automation of tasks via bash, Perl, powershell or other scripting language.
* Understanding of factors affecting I/O performance in a replicated environment
* Ability to determine and manage risk
We look for:
* Excellent communication skills
* Fast learner and good logical thinking
* Good investigative and reporting skills
* Ability to learn/apply/retain large volume of information
* Prepared to be flexible in regards to working time when required
* Ability to work under pressure while ensuring a good standard of work
* A good team player
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your work experience to date, the skills that you developed there.
An EU passport with the ability to travel to the US is essential in addition to being based in Ireland already. Candidates without the valid eligibility to work and the minimum relevant experience, will not be considered for this role.