Our Client, a leading company in the financial services industry is recruiting an Engineering Manager for their software development team in Limerick.
We would like to talk to the candidates who have experience managing teams in an agile development environment.
As Engineering Manager, you will empower your teams, focusing on competence development, providing functional-area leadership, and maintaining team integrity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Advocate for the team and promote their successes
* Promote a culture of cooperation, mentoring and continuous improvement
* Ensure the teams have everything they need to deliver on their commitments
* Set clear goals for your team and monitor progress
* Review team performance, collaborate with them on improvement initiatives/experiments
* Review the performance of individual team members and provide effective coaching for improvement
* Provide coaching and mentoring to team members, arrange training and skills development for team members
* Stay abreast of the tools and technologies that the team are using so you can provide help and advice on technical difficulties that arise
* Work with the other Engineering Managers and Scrum Masters to implement and maintain measurements across teams to monitor and sustain performance and product quality.
* Drive the recruitment process for new team members.
* Ensure effective product support mechanisms and rosters are in place
* A degree in computer science or equivalent
* min. 8 years of software delivery experience in an enterprise environment
* min. 3 years in a managerial position
* Excellent communication skills.
* Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, and transparency.
* Deep knowledge of agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
* Knowledge and experience with agile development concepts and techniques - automated testing, user stories, TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, pairing, etc.
* Experience in working in a DevOps environment.
Nice to haves:
* Some form of agile certification (Scrum Master, Product Owner) a distinct advantage
* A previous background in Software Engineering
* Knowledge of .Net and Microsoft technologies
* Experience with Azure DevOps/TFS
Clicking the "Apply Now" button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech's recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the "Apply Now" button.