You will be a seasoned technology executive able to lead engineering teams delivering solutions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You'll have a proven track record architecting and building platforms, and scaling engineering organisations while executing critical programs. While this is a leadership role you should have recent programming experience, team leadership experience, be comfortable with building a team with some HR experience.
We will definitely need to be hiring some of the time, coding some of the time, and doing office logistics some other time.
You will be responsible for establishing, directing, and managing all aspects of the software delivery organisation in Engineering Europe, from analysis through to deployment. The role is the point of contact for all operational aspects of Engineering.
* Hire, mentor, develop and retain top-notch engineering talent
* Provide operational point of contact for the day-to-day running of Engineering Europe, including but not limited to office maintenance and supplies, local IT requisition, office furniture, staff entertainment.
* Provide front-line HR for Engineering, and collaborate with the HR department as required.
* Create effective full-stack software development teams focused on the nimble delivery of value for our customers
* 7+ years of experience in Software Development
* 3+ years as a Manager of Engineering or above whose span of control is at or above five engineers
* A strong background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Java, C#, Objective-C or C++
* Mobile native or cross-platform experience with React Native, Xamarin, Objective-C, or similar frameworks and languages a plus
* A willingness to participate in architecture, design, and development activities as required
* Hands-on experience resolving performance and scalability issues of SaaS-based applications