Azure Web Platform and App Engineer - Dublin
Salary: Circa € 65,000 - €70,000 Depending on Experience
Contract: Full time, Permanent
My client is an award-winning developer & supplier of flexible working, time and attendance and employee scheduling solutions for organisations of all sizes. They are urgently looking to appoint a Senior Azure Web Platform and App Engineer to join their amazing team. This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated, experienced cloud applications developer with a very strong platform and architectural solution design know-how. You will make your mark on this project from inception to the first market launch.
Role and Responsibilities
As the senior lead developer, you will be central to the team, involved in the foundational steps of a transformational project to build a new Azure cloud platform and application architecture to deliver a market-leading SaaS application.
You will take a lead design and developer role in a small strategic team of developers and business analysts reporting directly to the CTO. Expect to spend 20% in design mode and 80% delivering working code at architecture and application features level. You will be expected to challenge and prototype design options against tight project time constraints. Automation will be a passion for you.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Microsoft/Azure certification.
- Relevant domain-specific experience - time workforce management, complex business rule engines, SaaS.
- Extensive practical commercial experience in .NET using C# developing web applications is essential
- Extensive leading solution design and implementation experience essential
- Up to date .Net Framework and .NET Core experience with most of the following: ASP, MVC, SPA, Web API, Entity Framework and Service Bus.
- Very strong Azure competencies delivering applications in Azure PaaS - secure, scalable and resilient saas solutions.
- Azure DevOps/CI/CD - Backlogs, Repos, Automation, Resource provisioning and release pipelines
- Excellent and practical working knowledge and demonstrable understanding of software engineering best practices, including object-oriented, IOC/DI, services design patterns and cloud design considerations.
- Practical knowledge of SQL Server/RDMS to include database schema and query design.
- Professional exposure to agile development.
- Excellent written and verbal English language and communication skills.
- Strong academic qualification in a STEM discipline or equivalent practical experience
Good to have:
- Representational State Transfer (REST) design patterns exposure & experience
- Working knowledge of client-side libraries such as Angular/React or others.
- Automation - DevOps topics and technology (including Azure DevOps) Jenkins, Docker, Octopus Deploy
- Provisioning and Deployment using ARM templates
- Web Services (SOAP, XML Web Services, WSDL)
- Mobile technologies such as Xamarin, iOS, Android
- Connected Client patterns
- Excellent access to Training and Certifications
- Flexible working
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003