589 Health & Safety Advisor
Our client is a leading supplier to tier Telecommunications contractors in the utilities sector in the UK and Ireland. They are now looking for an experienced Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Advisor to join their Irish team and support compliance by proactively assisting in the management of the function across the entire company.
Responsibilities will involve but are not limited to:
* Carry out risk assessments of activities and areas as identified through the Risk Assessment Programme. Interpret legislative compliance and suggest methods of improvement to the SHEQ Manager & Management Team.
* Assist in the delivery and /or deliver appropriate training programmes to ensure that personnel have an adequate understanding of health and safety issues and are competent to undertake the duties for which they are employed.
* Carry out ad hoc and formal audits of the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment management systems, buildings and business activities as necessary to ensure a necessary level of compliance to legislative obligations.
* Be accountable for investigating, recording, and catching all quality, health, safety and environment incidents across the company and where necessary to liaise with company insurers and solicitors with regard to the defence of personal or liability claims.
* Liaise with third party enforcing officials (HSE, Fire Officers, Environmental Officers, Pollution Control Officers, etc) as necessary.
* Be able to develop and implement systems related to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OSHA 18001 which will eventually become ISO 45001:2017.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
* Ability to identify, develop and deliver relevant SHEQ training.
* Able to build good business relationships and a good eye for detail.
* Proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel & Powerpoint.
* Full clean driving licence.
* Knowledgeable of systems related to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OSHA 18001
* NEBOSH General Certificate desirable.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND, FLUENT ENGLISH, AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE