itContracing are currently seeking applications for a Front End Developer. This is a permanent position based onsite with our client in Carlow.
The successful candidate will join our client’s Software Development team and be mainly responsible for the translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with our client’s UI/UX Designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that our client’s company website renders well across multiple devices
- Design a framework for creating user apps that grows with the needs of the company
- Monitor website performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems and rectify the issues optimizing maximum speed and scalability
- Develop new user-facing features and build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back end
- Responsible for the design of user experience and user interface solutions for new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
- Responsible for communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of user experience and user interface solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- 2-4 years’ experience of SASS
- 2-3 years’ experience of Vue.js
- 3-4 years’ experience of JS Framework (e.g. KnockoutJS, AngularJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS)
- 4 years’ experience of accessibility and GIT/TFS or other version control
- 4 years’ experience of build tool experience (e.g. Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, npm) and experience in reading Photoshop/In Vision/Sketch
- Clearly demonstrates analytical ability and critical thinking skills
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Self-motivated and results oriented
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.