IT Service Manager (with Configuration Management experience)
itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our global enterprise client for an IT Service Manager to coordinate Configuration Management. This is a permanent position located in Dublin South
- The Configuration Manager is responsible for the day to day coordination and implementation of our client’s global configuration management strategy.
- Reporting into the Global Head of Change, Transition and Configuration Management you will support various security and high velocity IT projects and initiatives, ensuring that the CMDB enables their success without compromising its integrity.
- You will also liaise with our business units to understand their configuration requirements and translate these into viable use cases for Configuration Management.
- You will be provided with guidance and training to facilitate your further development within this role
As a Configuration Manager your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Managing the day to day activities of the process, including establishing priorities and work assignments
- Tracking compliance to policies and procedures and resolving /escalating any compliance issues
- Facilitating Configuration Management audits
- Reviewing critical incident outage resolution results and responses and dispositions of failed changes due to CMS related issues
- Facilitating communication and engages business and IT management to encourage configuration management efforts and value proposition
- Engaging with strategic projects to ensure Configuration Management can deliver required CMS functionality within project timeframes
- Reviewing and approving all changes to the CMS infrastructure where applicable
- Reviewing and approving significant IT infrastructure changes to ensure impacts to configuration management data are properly addressed
- Championing on Configuration Management services, concepts, policies and procedures
- Chairing the Configuration Control Board (CCB) and enacting changes as directed
- Providing and approving all requirements, use cases, user stories, etc. in support of new or improving functionality of the CMS
- Reviewing and approving all requests for administrator log on credentials / access rights to the CMS infrastructure
- Reviewing and publishing configuration management reporting
Your Skills and Experience
As a Configuration Manager your skills and qualifications will include:
- 4 years’ experience in an enterprise Service Management role, with specific experience in Configuration Management
- Experience communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience analysing use cases to understand potential impact to Configuration Management
- ITIL 3 or 4 Foundation
- ITIL SACM
- ITIL v3 Expert or ITIL v4 Managing Professional
You'll be rewarded with an attractive package including competitive base salary, pension, and contribution towards healthcare. The role also offers opportunities for development and progression within a global organisation.
This role may require occasional travel. Remote working options, depending on role, and opportunities for development and progression within a global organisation.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.