Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
FRS Recruitment are delighted to be working with one of our clients in recruiting a Senior Data Engineer to join their growing company. This role will be focused within their Big Data team, working on a wide variety of projects for both their Enterprise-level and SME Clients across a range of market verticals, including Finance, IT, Automotive, Retail and more.
Working at the forefront of technical innovation, you will be working with some of the most in-demand, cutting-edge technologies, regularly up-skilling in areas that will not only enhance your capabilities as an Engineer, but will also allow continuous progression throughout your career with the company.
Skills / Experience Required:
* Previous experience in a Data Engineer role 4+ years experience
* Very strong SQL skills
* Programming background in multiple languages such as SQL, Python, R, Java or Scala
* Experience working with Hadoop ecosystem e.g. Spark, Hive/Impala, Databrick
* Experience of cloud based big data offerings
* Experience working with an ETL tool e.g. Azure Data Factory, SSIS & Talend
* Experience working with data streams e.g. Kafka
* Experience working with large, structured and unstructured data sets
* Experience with database technologies (relational, NoSQL, graph)
* Solid knowledge of development principals ETL/Data warehouse etc
* Expertise with version control e.g. git
* Excellent track record in executive stakeholder and sponsor management.