Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Our client is one of the country’s largest software development organisations that provides consultancy and leading-edge software solutions for a wide variety of US, EU and UK based clients in the insurance, healthcare, retail, and public sector markets. They are seeking an experienced QA/Test Engineer to join their growing QA team in Cork.
Apply for the Quality Assurance Test Engineer Role above or contact John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the
• Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
• Develop knowledge of the client’s business model to assist in Requirement validation.
• Review specification documents so that accurate and comprehensive test plans and test cases can be created.
• Provide guidance about functionality and quality in relation to the testing approach.
• Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
• Liaise with Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
• Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
• Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
• Ensure that all assigned QA tasks are run to agreed schedule and to an acceptable level of quality.
• Contribute to the creation of functional, regression, performance and load/stress test suites and adhere to the test methodologies used within the company.
• Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
Required Skills & Experience for the Quality Assurance Test Engineer Role:
• Must have 4+ cumulative years of Software Test experience.
• Technical degree or equivalent experience.
• Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
• Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Microsoft TFS, HP ALM or Jira.
• Experience testing business / enterprise applications.
• Experience and working knowledge of SQL Server and T-SQL.
• Experience with Test Automation Tools, Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), Selenium (WebDriver) or similar tools
• Experience of structured testing methods and techniques
• Working knowledge.Net and/or Java advantageous.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)