We make it strangely simple for businesses to talk to clients, customers and colleagues, wherever they are. This is global communication redefined, free from the tyranny of PSTN lines.
As the best-kept secret in cloud communications, but we’re ready for our close up! That’s where you come in. As we spread the word and bring more customers abroad, we need a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team in Dublin
You will be responsible for the higher layer of our infrastructure and will take end-to-end ownership of their design, implementation, monitoring and solve issues when they arise. The production environment you will be responsible for will span over the multiple POPs we have around Europe, the Americas and Asia.
You will work with development teams to advise, guide and push back when necessary on the various technological decisions we need to make. You will also be involved with our Product team to make sure the Service Level Objectives defined for our product are translated into how you architect our systems.
You are part of a highly skilled and trained team with a vast variety of responsibilities and broad knowledge. You’ll be working with other DevOps and Platform engineers but also Network and Switching Engineers and in close relation with architects, project managers, product owners, developers and NOC members. You have a transversal view on all projects and could be involved in design discussions from other team’s projects as well.
Because machines never sleep, you also take part in an on-call rotation to solve problems at night and you propose solutions for them to break at night a lot less. You’ll work as part of a team of people across San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, London, Brussels, Iasi, Seoul and Hong Kong.
What does your day look like?
You’ll function as a member of an SRE team, creating bridges with development teams and product teams by advocating good practices, optimizing performance and providing guidance to the most effective solution. You ensure the solution meets all the requirements for availability, security, monitoring, alerting and scaling. You automate, test, challenge and demand to be challenged. You believe in “strong opinions, weakly held” and you’re eager to learn.
Your expertise resolves around Ansible, Linux and combining it with or more of the following:
- MariaDB (+ galera)
To bring the win, you’ll have…
- More than at ease with Linux systems & services
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages like bash, Python & others
- Knowledge of SQL, database operations
- Experience with database management and storage systems
- You care about Security
- Self-motivation – your team can rely on you to get the job done
- Ability to prioritize in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- You have great communications skills
- You are creative and able to work in a highly critical situation
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, any other languages are always an asset
Sound good? We’re offering…
- A fantastic working environment in our new office close to Stephen's Green
- A place where you will be fully supported and encouraged to achieve great things and learn.
- A chance to join a company with huge growth plans and constant change.
- Frequent social events and activities.
- Free healthy snacks and drinks (including fancy coffee).
- Public transport allowance.
- Daily lunch allowance.
- Pension plan.
- Hospitalization insurance.
- Company laptop, phone and mobile plan.