itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for a Senior Security Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
As a Senior Security Engineer you will join a team of highly regarded IT security professionals working to secure our client’s network by deploying innovative and state of the art security technologies to the global infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering best in class infrastructure and security services across our client’s IT environment, working with various dedicated technical teams to help design and implement a range of security solutions including cyber fusion and cloud infrastructure. The primary focus is on delivering excellence through collaborative and highly responsive teams.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IT Security and come from a practical, hands-on Security Engineer related position. You will be provided with training to facilitate your development within this role.
- Plan, analyse and design global security systems including network monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention, identity management, access control, mobile device management and data protection
- Initiate upgrades to security systems as necessitated by technology availability, security gaps, emerging threats, business needs
- Serve as a primary security contact for projects during the planning, analysis, and design phases of projects
- When required, serve as a Project Manager for enterprise security infrastructure implementations to ensure timely delivery against project timelines
- Provide subject matter expertise on key technologies in use within the IT environment
- Enhance the organisation’s IT security reputation by maintaining personal networks with other IT and business unit suppliers and vendors
- Participate in professional training courses and acquire formal certifications; accepting ownership for tasks
- Provide noticeable business valuable beyond technical security consultation
- 5+ years’ experience working in a global IT environment in a security, systems integration or deployment and engineering role
- Intermediate to advanced security technology experience
- Network Security and Endpoint Security skills
- Project management skills and ability to manage information security project delivery
- Experience with working across business units and geographical boundaries to engage team members required
- Proven ability to deliver projects and strong communication skills
- Ability to work with external vendors and service providers
- Strong understanding of technologies outside of security is required
- Experience in product installation, configuration, migration and troubleshooting of networking and security equipment, including the following:
- Intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Firewalls (PaloAlto, Cisco, Checkpoint)
- Network switches (Cisco, Cisco ACI, Nexus)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection/AV
- Wireless networking equipment
- Log management (Splunk, RSA Security Analytics or similar)
- Virtualisation/Cloud (VMWare, AWS, Azure)
- Identity management
- Data loss prevention
- AD/ADFS/Azure AD
- Relevant industry standard certifications are extremely beneficial, including the following:
- Networking: CCNA or higher
- Information Security: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, OffSec, SANS etc.
- Platform & Vendor Specific: Symantec, Splunk, RSA, Microsoft, RedHat, VMWare etc.
- Project Management: PMI or Prince2 seen as a bonus.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.