Devops Engineer, remote working
FRS Recruitment are actively sourcing and screening for an urgent Devops Engineer role with a leading tech employer with a global presence! This is a 6 month contract with an immediate start!
If you are excited about experimenting and innovation as we transform our Development Life Cycle with traditional avenues of Software Configuration Management and Build and Release Concepts with some added DevOps architecture improvements, this is the job for you.
Essential experience is as follows:
* Experience with container technology and subsequent technologies, Kubernetes, Docker, , Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS, Azure Service Fabric, Harbour, Helm, Packer, Terraform. (Kubernetes is essential for this role)
* Experience in an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, C# etc..)
* Extensive experience in maintaining and managing software build infrastructure. (Jenkins, TravisCI, TFS, TeamForge etc.)
* Extensive experience creating, maintaining and supporting automated build pipelines.
* Excellent knowledge of version control and source control management (Subversion, TFVC, Git)
* Experience in deploying, managing and maintaining at least 2 of the following SCM toolchain such as Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Nexus, TFS
* Experience in scripting languages such as bash and python.
* Experience and knowledge of Microsoft system administration and networking.
* Knowledge of test driven development, software configuration management and automated testing.
* Experience in managing a VMware based virtualization environment or similar.
* Undergraduate degree in computer science, IT, software engineering or similar
* Strong understanding of programming skillsets, structure and Versioning.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in Software Engineering roles
* Strong working knowledge of MSBuild.
Highly Desirable Requirements:
* Experience with system's management technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt or Chef.
* Experience in managing an automated build pipeline for a mixed set of software assets.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Experience using Wix and/or InstallShield.
This Devops Engineer role is an exciting new opportunity with our global client.
Please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Devops Engineer daily rate contractor role via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues..